Recipe by pink cook
This recipe is very healthy, quick, easy, and a perfect way to eat beans which not only provide protein, but they also provide good carbohydrates.
Top Review by Michael Draut
This is a neat change from the typical Italian pasta dishes!
I didn't have the seasoning, so I used basil, rosemary and savory, 1/2 tsp each, and 1 tsp of oregano. Tastes super!
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta (or use bow-tie pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cooked white beans (or use canned Cannellini Beans)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water as directed on the box.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large non-stick skillet until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, cooked beans, and seasonings to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach to the sauce and cook until spinach wilts, stirring constantly.
- Serve sauce over pasta and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Calories 440, Carbohydrates, 76 g, Fat 7 g, Protein 16 g.