Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tomatoes flavored with basil, garlic and oregano are delicious when simmered with white cannellini beans and fresh spinach. Just serve over hot penne pasta and top with feta.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- Cook pasta per package directions until al dente.
- Combine tomatoes and beans and boil over medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, cook for 2 more minutes stirring constantly.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with feta and fresh basil.
- If you want to make this to freeze:.
- Combine beans, tomatoes, spinach and basil, and place in freezer bag.
- Place feta in seperate small bag.
- Freeze together.
- Place penne in third bag and place in cool dark location.
- To cook:.
- Thaw completely.
- Bring tomato & bean mix to boil for 10 minutes. Serve over al dente penne, and top with feta. Garnish with fresh basil if available.