Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came across a version of this recipe while flying home from a business trip. The fact that the sauce wasn't cooked was what hooked me into trying it. It is very easy to make and also makes a nice presentation. Because the sauce isn't cooked using the best ingredients is essential. It is also great made with fresh summer vine ripened tomatoes!
- 1 (28 ounce) cangood quality plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped (or other "good" olives)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (1 lb) boxmedium sea shell pasta
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Combine tomatoes, 2 tbs.
- of the olive oil, garlic,dill, and olives in large glass bowl.
- Let sit for an hour.
- Note: You don't cook the sauce.
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is boiling saute shrimp in 2 tbs of olive oil until pink and opaque.
- Toss drained pasta with sauce, shrimp, and feta cheese.
this is a very good recipe-the flavors go very well together and it is pretty to look at- thanks for the great recipe!!
Holy Pastrana Richard, you're a GENIUS! This is the best dish ever! Healthy, easy, flavorful...I've run out of phenominal adjectives! I will make this time and time again! The only thing I omitted was the olives (I hate those bloody things), and it was just as good otherwise! Thank you for sharing this recipe! XO LA :-)