Recipe by jalexandropoulos
Colorful, flavorful, pasta salad with fresh vegetables, kalamata olives, fresh basil and a delicious dijon vinaigrette. Not your boring pasta salad.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages spiral shaped pasta
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 (8 ounce) containers cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces thin sliced salami
- 12 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to directions al dente.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- In a food processor with slicer attachment, thinly slice green onions, bell peppers and cucumber.
- In food processor, chop kalamata olives.
- Slice salami into thin strips.
- Combine all salad ingredients except basil and toss with vinaigrette. Gently slice basil and sprinkle on top of finished salad.
- For Dijon Vinaigrette:.
- Add all ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth.