Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great block-party recipe
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Cook the orzo as directed.
- Drain pasta under cold water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, and toss with vinagrette, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
We loved this and it was so easy to make. I added a little fresh minced basil leaves and instead of feta I used 1/4 cup myzithra because I was making another salad with feta and didn't want overkill. (Although I did cut the recipe in half.) I chose to use a pickling cucumber for standard cucumbers because pickling cukes are so crisp. The lemon zest was a nice touch and the use of shallot for a stronger onion, such as red onion, was a nice change of pace. Thanks for sharing. cg