Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a meal in a salad. Accompany with some slices of salami and crusty, peasant bread and a glass of wine. You will be happy.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 ounces feta, cubed
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 green onions, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chopped arugula or 1 cup watercress
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fusilli, cooked until al dente, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 15 kalamata olives
- lemon wedge
- Combine all ingredients and toss well.
- Distribute salad amongst 4-6 large plates.
All my favorites--tomatoes, lots of bell pepper, feta, arugula, kalamatas, oregano--what's not to love? (Well, the salt would have been, if I had added it--the feta, olives and capers provided quite as much saltiness as I needed. But I omitted it, so all was well.) Enjoyed the lemon juice in place of the more usual vinegar, too. By the way, sorry I don't have a camera, because it's also very pretty.
This was the first recipe that I took from this web site and it was a real winner. The only thinkg that it could have used was some freshly ground pepper. I prepared it for Father's Day and everyone just loved it. My husband said I should keep it in my recipe file. Reva