Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like a Greek salad then this pasta salad that takes the flavors of a Greek salad could be for you. I originally found this recipe in BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces fusilli, another pasta shape would work too
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 1⁄2 ounces black olives
- 7 ounces feta cheese, broken into rough chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Tip the fusilli into a large pan of boiling salted water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Throw in the spinach, stir well and boil for another 2 minutes. Drain into a colander or sieve and leave to drip-dry.
- Tip the tomatoes, olives and feta into a big bowl, grind lots of black pepper over and then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Toss in the drained pasta and spinach.
My guests left this salad on their plates uneaten...until my daughter politely told me that it had no flavor and that I should add some dressing. I did and it was much better. I would make this again with a few tweaks.
ZWT6: Made this of the Kids Greek Challenge. It was really tasty and full of flavors and colors!
A wonderful change from the mayo-slopped variety. I used some lovely kalamata olives and added some red onion to bump it up a notch. Superb light flavor and a great summer side dish. Made for ZWT6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie.