Recipe by W. Scott
This salad actually improves in flavor over time, so you can make it in advance and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve it. Serve the salad at room temperature or slightly chilled. I use prewashed baby spinach in the bag from the grocery store because I am lazy.
Top Review by flower7
This was very nice! I cut it down to two servings but used a little extra feta and tomatoes. I thought the feta would provide enough salt but I ended up adding a little salt after tasting. I used balsamic and my red onion was diced not sliced. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb pasta
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 -8 ounces spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth, oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, and oregano.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Add broth mixture, feta, spinach, cucumber, and onions, toss well.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Add the tomatoes and toss gently.