Posted for Zaar World Tour. The source of this recipe is a Moosewood cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pasta shells
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 14 ounces can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (2 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kalamata olive
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; then drain. Rinse under cold water to cool.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the eggplant.
- 3Cover and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- 4Stir in the salt, garlic, lemon juice, and water.
- 5Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes, until eggplant is almonst tender.
- 6Add the diced bell peppers, and if you are using dried herbs, add those now.
- 7Simmer a few minutes more until peppers are cooked, but still have some crunch.
- 8While eggplant and peppers are cooking, place the artichokes, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, scallions, fresh herbs in a large bowl.
- 9Add the cooked eggplant and peppers.
- 10Stir in the pasta and toss well.
- 11Add salt and pepper and more lemon juice or olive oil to taste.
- 12Serve at room temperature topped with feta and some Kalamata olives.
- 13If your refrigerate this salad to use later, you may need to add a dash of lemon juice and olive oil before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1058.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 19.2 g