Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for Zaar World Tour. The source of this recipe is a Moosewood cookbook.
Make and share this Greek Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta shells
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 14 ounces can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (2 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kalamata olive
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; then drain. Rinse under cold water to cool.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the eggplant.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in the salt, garlic, lemon juice, and water.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes, until eggplant is almonst tender.
- Add the diced bell peppers, and if you are using dried herbs, add those now.
- Simmer a few minutes more until peppers are cooked, but still have some crunch.
- While eggplant and peppers are cooking, place the artichokes, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, scallions, fresh herbs in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked eggplant and peppers.
- Stir in the pasta and toss well.
- Add salt and pepper and more lemon juice or olive oil to taste.
- Serve at room temperature topped with feta and some Kalamata olives.
- If your refrigerate this salad to use later, you may need to add a dash of lemon juice and olive oil before serving.
Very yummy, I omitted the eggplant only because I didn't have any. Very easy to put together and the taste in wonderful!
This was truly outstanding! all of my favorite ingredients in here. This takes a bit of time to put together but well worth the effort. I did reduce the dill to only 1/2 teaspoon and increased the olive oil, I did top with feta and Kalamata olives. This is best eaten at room temperature. We loved this! thanks Bunny Mom!...Kitten:)