Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
This salad is easy to make and tastes fantastic. Great for family barbecues!
- 1 package rotini pasta or 1 package fusilli
- 1 can sliced olive, , drained
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained & quartered (I prefer packed in water)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled,halved & sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package feta cheese, drained & crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- Boil pasta according to directions, drain.
- In a small bowl prepare dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pasta with prepared vegetables, toss and then add crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the dressing and stir.
- Best if allowed to refidgerate for an hour before serving.
Absolutly heavenly! I love the feta!
Very easy and tasty. I would probably leave out the garbanzos next time even though I usually like them -to let the feta shine through with the veggies. I also doubled the dressing and poured half on, saved the other half for tomorrow. Overall a great fast salad that would be perfect for picnics!
Took this to a baby shower today and it was a big hit. I did have to double the dressing after letting it rest overnight as the pasta soaked up the dressing and became too dry. But the flavors were great. Have already emailed it to other guests who loved it!!