Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Absolutely delicious from the Houston Jr. League "Stop and Smell the Rosemary" cookbook.
For the dressing
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces spiral shaped pasta or 12 ounces rotini pasta or 12 ounces shell pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded,and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3 cups)
- 20 Greek olives, pitted or 20 black olives, very coarsely chopped
- 12 fresh pepperoncini peppers or 12 pickled pepperoncini peppers, minced (I leave out) (optional)
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until combined.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, tossing gently in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, again tossing gently to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate 2-3 hours, until flavors are blended.