Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups cooked penne or 3 cups cooked rigatoni pasta
- 3 crushed chili flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- In a casserole dish place garlic, onion, green pepper and oil.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 mins.
- Add bacon, cheese and chilli flakes microwave for another 3 mins, covered.
- Add tomatoes, season with paprika, salt and pepper, then stir in tomato paste, cover and microwave for 7 mins.
- Then add the hot cooked pasta and microwave for 3 mins uncovered.
- Then serve hot with feta cheese on top.
This is a meal that can be prepared ahead of time. Instead of making it in the Microwave we put it in the oven for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. We also used tomatoes with jalapino's in it, the only difference I woould make would be to add 1 more can of the tomatoes.
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to put together and quick. I ended up cooking it in the oven for about 20 minutes instead of the microwave. I also changed the diced tomatoes to 1/2 regular diced and 1/2 diced tomatoes with jalapeno's (and deleted the chili flakes). Thanks Evangelia
I very liked that recipe, but I cooked it on the stove instead of the microwave.......