Recipe by bmcnichol
Yummy casserole. Adapted from Light and Tasty.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
I was excited about this recipe , but didn't end up liking it. It was too much stuff all thrown together and it tasted like it. I followed the recipe exactly except using roasted red peppers instead of the green. We ate it for dinner but most of the leftovers got thrown away. I wouldn't make this again and it wastes some expensive ingredients in my opinion. Just not for us, thanks anyway!
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole wheat penne
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a bowl, combine pasta, chicken, tomato sauce, tomatoes, spinach, olives, onion, green pepper, basil and oregano.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.