Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy casserole. Adapted from Light and Tasty.
Make and share this Greek Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole wheat penne
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a bowl, combine pasta, chicken, tomato sauce, tomatoes, spinach, olives, onion, green pepper, basil and oregano.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
I was excited about this recipe , but didn't end up liking it. It was too much stuff all thrown together and it tasted like it. I followed the recipe exactly except using roasted red peppers instead of the green. We ate it for dinner but most of the leftovers got thrown away. I wouldn't make this again and it wastes some expensive ingredients in my opinion. Just not for us, thanks anyway!
Made this for PRMR. I thought it was okay, but a had little too much stuff going on for me. My husband and children really didn't care for it.
This is very tasty - kind-of Greek-Italian fusion! I halved the recipe and used leftover deli roasted chicken (white meat only), orange bell pepper, and just a tiny bit more spinach (I had about 6 oz from a 16 oz bag of frozen spinach and wanted to use it up). I also used more cheese, but that's something I almost always do, being a serious cheese lover! Baked the half recipe in an 8x8 (2 qt) dish. Thanks for sharing! [Made for Adopt A Tag 2010/2011]