Recipe by Lainey39
This pasta dish features chicken and greek flavors.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I loved that this recipe had a simple list of some of my favorite ingredients and was so easy to prepare. I'm on my own tonight and this was a perfect dinner for me. Plus, I have leftovers to enjoy for lunch for the next couple of days. I used fresh tomatoes (last of the season) from my garden. I sauteed the chicken in a little bit of olive oil with the garlic and balsamic. I was a little worried since the recipe only called for 1 Tb of balsamic, that it would be a little dry. Not so! It was perfect as it was. The only modifications that I made was to chop the kalamatas because I like more even distribution and I sliced the mushrooms (baby bellas). I added a little salt and pepper, but not much because the feta was salty enough. The dish was really flavorful. I'm copying this down as a keeper. I'm just sorry I didn't try it sooner!
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 16 kalamata olives
- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, according to package directions.
- In a separate pan, cook chicken and garlic in balsamic vinegar.
- When chicken is cooked thoroughly, add mushrooms and tomatoes to heat.
- Mix cooked pasta, chicken, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add olives and top with feta cheese.