Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been trying to duplicate the Greek Pasta from Zio's Italian Restaurant for a couple years. I finally got the seasoning right, and my family gave me a 'thumbs up'! Now it is one of our favorites.
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 2 -3 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 ounces kalamata olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, grill chicken seasoned w/some of the Greek Seasoning.
- Saute garlic, onion, green pepper and red pepper flakes in oil.
- Toss pasta, chicken, sauteed vegetables, tomatoes and Feta together along with the Greek Seasoning. Enjoy!
The whole family really enjoyed this one. Lots of flavor without being too much for anyone.
I highly recommend this quick and easy dish. It has a great combination of flavors to go perfectly with each other. I added the Kalamata olives and it not only gave the flavor a nice "zip" but also looked good with the colors of the other vegetables. Great recipe, Cookin Okie, thanks for sharing.