Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006...a simple sounding pasta dish quick and easy enough for the weeknight rush
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced in rounds
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (or to your liking)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup favorite vinaigrette (preferably a Greek Style one)
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti
- Cut chicken into chunks and stir fry in olive oil until cooked.
- Add olives, red onion, and green pepper; fry until softened.
- Add spaghetti, dressing, feta cheese and tomato; stir fry until thoroughly heated and well combined.
- Serve hot. Serves 4 generously.
Wonderful recipe, simple to prepare, tastes awesome. I'm a great fan of the "Greek taste" in cooking. I used Kraft's Greek vinaigrette and added some dried rosemary and fresh Greek oregano (which I grow) during the cooking as well as some salt when done. I'll make this again and again. Thanks for the recipe.
I was pleased & surprised when my picky eaters really liked this! I used a box of orzo and a drained can of diced tomatos, and made kittencal's dressing for her Greek salad for the vinaigrette. Plus, I combined some "need-to-use-now" lamb strips and a freezer-burned chicken breast which I marinated for 30 min. in diced onion & garlic, EVOO, white wine, and juice of a whole lemon. I stir-fried the meat in the marinade then followed the recipe directions for a winner!
We really loved this recipe as you can see I served it with Orzo intead of spaghetti. I'll be making this again for sure. Thanks for sharing; this is for my Greek Island hopping challenge.