1 hr 5 mins
The egg and lemon based dressing is known as avgolemono.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled seeded, and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 4 green onions, including tender green tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano (or 1 T. dried oregano, crumbled)
- 1Cook the orzo by following the package directions for al dente.
- 2Drain and rinse briefly under cold running water; shake the colander gently to completely drain; set aside.
- 3To make the dressing: beat the eggs together with the lemon zest and juice.
- 4Pour mixture into a small saucepan over low heat.
- 5Gradually add in the hot stock, stirring constantly, until all the stock is used.
- 6Continue to stir until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 4-5 minutes).
- 7Transfer mixture to a small bowl; set aside to cool.
- 8When the egg mixture is room temperature, whisk in the sour cream; add in salt to taste and the pepper; stir to combine.
- 9Transfer the pasta to a large salad bowl; add in the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, green onions, feta, and oregano; toss gently to mix.
- 10Pour the cooled dressing over the mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 11Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 12Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Orzo Salad With Tomatoes and Cucumbers in Lemon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 405.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of