Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Yummy! When I'm in a hurry and don't want to fire up the grill I just pan fry the shrimp.
Make and share this Greek Orzo Salad With Grilled Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb uncooked orzo pasta (cook according to directions, rinse in cool water,drain and set aside)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded quartered and sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (more for garnish)
- 1⁄3 cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 16 -20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the orzo, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in a large serving bowl.
- In a blender place, vinegar, basil, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Slowly add oil and blend till emulsified.
- Pour vinaigrette over pasta and fold lightly to coat.
- Carefully fold in cheese.
- Set in fridge.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush shrimp with olive oil and a little lemon.
- Grill two minutes per side or just till cooked through.
- Divide salad into 4 and divide shrimp over the tops.
- Prep time doesn't include time to cook pasta.
Made this over the week end and it was fantastic! It made a HUGE amount. It could easily serve 6-10 people. It was even better the next day. Only change made was we added kalamata olives to the salad. Thanks for sharing Homegirl!