Recipe by gingerkitten D
I combined several recipes to create this one...everytime I make it everyone wants the recipe so it seems to be popular.
Top Review by rsnelling42
Hands down, the best Greek pasta salad I've made or tasted yet!! (and I've made a lot of them). I had two picnics two days in a row, so I used 1 lb of orzo and doubled everything else. Then I realized I was out of capers, so I used extra kalamata olives instead. The first day was delicious, and the second day was delicious x10! I couldn't believe it could get even better! YUMMM!!!
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (the small ones)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard (such as Maille)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Orzo pasta in water until al dente.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the pasta with the onion, tomato, basil, olives, and capers.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard and lemon juice.
- Gradually whisk in the oil until it forms an emulsion.
- Add in the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Toss in the feta cheese and chill until ready to serve.