Recipe by Crabbycakes
Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta,,which I'm sure you will enjoy, if you've never tried it. This is wonderful for a nice summer evening. 1
Top Review by TammieV
Crabby I just love your recipes. I make this several times a year. I Originally gave you 4 stars but I discovered that the choice of dressing makes a big difference. Do not waist your time on Kraft.. it is too oily. Olimpia Dukacus is great, if you can't find it, look for a better priced vinigarette.
- 1 cup orzo pasta (1/2 lb)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 10 -15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, preferably kalamata,pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup bottled greek vinaigrette dressing (or homemade)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan of lightly salted, (add tsp olive oil, if desired) boiling water, cook orzo until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Pour into colander and rise under cold running water.
- Drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine orzo with feta,cucumber,bell pepper, tomatoes, and olives.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss gently to combine, and sprinkle with scallions on top.