Received this gem in an email! This will serve well at summer potlucks (with much coming from the garden!) as a side for lovely things off the grill - bluefish, shrimp, maybe even flounder!
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (2 - 6 ounce cans)
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces black olives, drained (2 ounce can)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
- In large bowl combine pasta, artichoke hearts, garlic, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.