Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so yummy, and such a versatile recipe, too! Use whatever dressing/veggies/seasonings you happen to have on hand. Serve it as a side dish... it's particularly wonderful with grilled chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 16 ounces chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton, may need more or less depending)
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (1 lb) bag broccoli floret
- 3 -6 tablespoons Greek salad dressing
- garlic powder, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 2 -4 ounces feta cheese
- Heat oil in a largeskillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil until golden.
- Add broth to skillet; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; heat to boiling. Cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding broth as necessary. Stir in broccoli and dressing, then add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
- Continue stirring until pasta is cooked, continuing to add broth as necessary.
- Add feta, remove from heat, stir, and allow to rest for a couple minutes. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
Really enjoyed this one! Great flavor. Definetly get the larger container of chicken broth, I used all 32 ounces.