Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is just too, too easy, but delivers a big taste!
- 4 large seedless oranges, preferably with a thick skin
- sugar, the same weight as the oranges after they have been boiled
- Wash the oranges and thinly slice off the top and bottom.
- Put them in a pan with enough water to cover them and boil for 1 hour.
- Let them cool and then weigh them. Weigh out as much sugar.
- Cut in half horizontally and then cut the halves in half vertically.
- Cut the quarters into thin slices – 1/2" approximately.
- Empty the water from the pan and put the oranges in the pan.
- Add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until it becomes a syrup – not too thick. This should be about 30 minutes.
- Put the hot sweet into hot sterilized jars and keep on counter until cooled. Store in refrigerator.