Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've taken this directly from a Greek cookbook that I purchased whilst on holiday in Crete. The author is Myrsini Lambraki, we love this as a light pie served with salad and its very easy to make.
- 400 g feta, cubed
- 150 g gruyere, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 250 g butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl combine butter, lightly beated eggs, baking powder, cheese, pepper, yogurt and flour.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Lightly butter a wide baking pan and transfer mixture to the pan.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly then cut into small squares.
- Serve hot or cold.
This was really good. I made only half and found a suitable substitute for the feta because we don't like goat cheese. It was full of flavor as it is, but I'm thinking some fresh basil or thyme would be a nice addition. Thanks! Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6.
Very nice dish. We had small pieces of this served with olives, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for breakfast. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.