Recipe by threeovens
Everyone likes nachos. Here, the concept is the same, the flavor pallet is different.
Top Review by twissis
Made as written for ZWT6, mostly because your recipe happily combines most of my fave Greek ingredients & all are easily available here in Iceland. I added a bit of garlic in 2 places: Sprinkled on the pita wedges & in the meat mixture. Must have my garlic where it works so well. I used my magic bullet to whiz the sauce, so that was very fast. Served as part of an appy nite, I fully expected we would enjoy these tasty nachos & we did. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.
- 4 pita pockets, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded if necessary, and chopped
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and halved (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange pita wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet and brush or drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake until slightly brown, turning once or twice, about 10 minutes; season with salt and keep warm in oven that has been turned off.
- Using a blender or food processor, combine feta, yogurt, 1/4 cup olive oil, mint, zest and juice of one lemon; season with salt and pepper.
- Blend or process until smooth (alternatively, you can mash mixture, by hand, with a fork).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet, over medium hight heat and cook onions until softenend, about 5 minutes.
- Add lamb and season with cumin, salt and pepper; continue cooking until meat is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- To serve: Place chips on serving plate, top with lamb, sauce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives.