Recipe by edbet2kel_kat
Mediterranean twist on traditional nachos. Fresh tasting and a delightful change of pace
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 12 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 3⁄4 cup ground lamb, cooked
- pita chips or bagel chips
Directions See How It's Made
- cook ground lamb until done well all the way through -- set aside.
- In a saucepan combine beans, lime juice, onion, oil and garlic. Heat through, then puree 1/2 the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Add "paste" back to rest of bean mixture.
- In a double boiler, place feta and cream and heat slowly until creamy.
- Cover the bottom of a salad plate w/pita or bagel chips.
- Drizzle cheese sauce over the chips. Top with bean mixture, lamb, olives, pepperocini and chopped tomato.