Recipe by KelBel
A blend of mushrooms, tomatoes and orzo with a swirl of feta.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
Wow, KelBel, this was a great side dish. The flavor was wonderful. I made as posted and it was easy to put together and it cooked in no time at all. I will be using this recipe often. Thanks for posting a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, sliced
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and mushrooms just release their liquid (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in orzo, tomatoes, chicken broth and water. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until orzo is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed (about 9 minutes).
- Stir in Feta cheese and serve immediately.