Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice, fast soup from Better Homes and Gardens Quick Soups.
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 6 cups torn spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a dutch oven, cook celery, onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add beef broth, water and rice.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the torn spinach, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, thyme and pepper.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Top with feta cheese.