Recipe by Kishka
A Rachael Ray recipe from the Food Network site. I get requests to make this often. It's dairy-free for those among us who are allergic/sensitive to dairy/kosher! I'm sure it can be adapted to suit individual tastes (keeping with the Greek theme, you can add feta cheese, chopped mint, ouzo...). These improve after a day in the fridge, so don't be afraid to make them in advance.
- 3⁄4 lb ground lamb
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef or 3⁄4 lb veal
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Combine meats, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add margarine or butter and oil to pan and begin rolling small balls, adding them to the pan ans you roll them.
- Cook meat balls for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to brown on all sides.
- When the meatballs are browned, deglaze the pan with the wine and allow it to reduce by half.
- Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the lemon over the meat balls.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve alone or over rice.