Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The National Beef Cookoff.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 soft hoagie rolls (6 to 7 inches long each)
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers or 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, chopped
Creamy Yogurt Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F Cut rolls in half most of the way through. Remove and reserve a strip of bread from inside of each roll half. Set rolls aside. Place bread strips in food processor container. Cover; process to form crumbs.
- Combine 1 cup bread crumbs, ground beef, 2/3 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide beef mixture into 16 equal portions; shape into meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 425°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine Creamy Yogurt Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place 4 meatballs in each roll. Top evenly with Creamy Yogurt Sauce, tomato, cucumber and olives.