From The National Beef Cookoff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 4 soft hoagie rolls (6 to 7 inches long each)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers or 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, chopped
Creamy Yogurt Sauce
- 1Heat oven to 425°F Cut rolls in half most of the way through. Remove and reserve a strip of bread from inside of each roll half. Set rolls aside. Place bread strips in food processor container. Cover; process to form crumbs.
- 2Combine 1 cup bread crumbs, ground beef, 2/3 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide beef mixture into 16 equal portions; shape into meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 425°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile combine Creamy Yogurt Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- 4Place 4 meatballs in each roll. Top evenly with Creamy Yogurt Sauce, tomato, cucumber and olives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Meatball Subs
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.5
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 980.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 42.7 g