Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
a yummy, easy greek soup - you'll almost always have these ingredients on hand! a greek family recipe...comfort food!
- fill large pan with water.
- add butter.
- in a different bowl combined meat, 1 egg, rice & bread.
- form meatballs.
- add meatballs to water.
- add additional rice if you like a thicker soup.
- cook meatballs (time depends on size).
- in a different bowl whip 2 egg whites until firm/peaks.
- add yolks & lemon juice (to taste).
- SLOWLY add soup broth & blend with egg/lemon mixture.
- SLOWLY add more soup broth (about 3 cups total).
- combine broth/egg/lemon mixture to pan with soup & allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- soup will be frothy.