Recipe by Teri
This is a great summertime dish to make on the BBQ. I like to invite my closest friends and family to my house and we eat the souvlakia hot from the grill. Bet you can't eat just one? A great tip: top the souvlakia with tzaziki sauce and serve in a toasted pita bread.
- 3 lbs lamb or 3 lbs beef or 3 lbs pork or 3 lbs chicken meat, cubed
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 green bell peppers, seeds removed, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 tomatoes, cut in 1 inch squares
- 10 mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 3 lemons, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange meat on skewers, alternating meat with vegetables. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler or BBQ grill and grill for about 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until meat is the temperature that you like.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the kabobs and serve hot.