Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
If you are like us you will want a loaf of French bread to soak up the marinated from these flavorful tomatoes. These tomatoes go very well next grilled marinated meats. **cook time is really chill time**
- 4 large tomatoes, ripe, sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange tomato and onion slices in shallow bowl (I use a pie plate).
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour over tomatoe and onion slices.
- Chill thoroughly at least 2 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
These marinated tomatoes are "To Die For". I halved the recipe and the marinade was perfect! I purchased some home-grown tomatoes at the Farmer's Market and this marinade really brought out their flavor. We absolutely love tomatoes and keep plenty on hand during the summer months so this recipe will be made again and again! Made for ZWT9, July, 2013.
My neighbor gave me a bag full of tomatoes from her garden, so this was the perfect recipe for me! I used fresh oregano instead of dried since I had it on hand. I definitely think a bold olive oil works best with this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
YUMMY!! Made this to go with some grillled chicken and it was so good I had to "test" it every time I went to stir it. The only change I made was to add some sliced orange peppers.