Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
Excellent tasting panini. I recommend using a panini press but if you don't have one then you can use two cast iron skillets. This is a recipe i came up with on a whim and it tasted great.
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 8 teaspoons of bail pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Add marinade ingredients to large ziplock bag (oil,oregano, sugar, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, and both the zest and juice from 1 lemon).
- With a fork punch several holes in chicken breast so marinade can penetrate. Add chicken to bag and marinade for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill on charcoal/gas grill with a hunk of smoking wood until juices run clear. Remove and let chicken cool slightly to handle.
- Put your palm flat on each chicken breast and slice each chicken breast in 1/2 so that each piece is 1/2 as thick as original chicken breast. Spread about 2 teaspoons of pesto over 4 slices of the bread. Add cheese and then 1/2 of each breast of chicken that you cut above. Add 3 artichoke per sandwich, broken up. Put other 4 slices of bread on top.
- Grill in panini press until bread is nicely toasted and cheese is melted (about 4 minutes).