Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Food & Wine magazine - nice served with a cucumber and herb salad Note - prep time does not include marinating time of 1/2 to 4 hours.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Put all marinade ingrediantsin a large ziplock bag. Mix well.
- Add chicken breasts.
- For a mild flavour, leave for 30 minutes. For more intensity, leave up to 4 hours but no longer.
- Heat up grill to medium high.
- Cook breasts, with lid closed for about 7 (7 1/2) minutes per side.
Very flavourful. I made up a 1/4 recipe and marinated 1 pork tenderloin overnight for part of our Grilled Greek Father's Day Fest. The flavour permeated the meat and it was very good.
Mmmmmmmmm!!! Great marinade for chicken. This recipe is loaded with flavor. I really enjoyed the tangy flavor of the dill. I marinated the chicken for almost 3 hours. I will be making this often during the grilling season. Made for ZWT4.
I did half the recipe for 2 chicken breasts. But I used 2 garlic cloves. We loved the little taste of ouzo. Not too strong. Just a bit. I omitted fennel seed cause I didn't have any. I also omitted salt and pepper. Thanks BeautifulBC. Made for ZWT4