Recipe by Dancer^
No mezi, or hors-d'oeuvre, platter is complete without a dip, and this simple one is intensely flavourful. Serve with pitas, flatbreads or crisp vegetables.
Top Review by Boomette
I'll do this dip again but I'll have to change a few things. I won't use sugar as I feel like it's too sweet. I added more cayenne pepper and also red pepper flakes cause it was not enough spicy. I served it with toasted pita. Thanks Dancer :) Made for Healthy tag game
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 cup feta cheese, Crumbled
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until charred.
- Let cool; peel and seed.
- In blender or food processor, puree together peppers, feta cheese, vinegar, sugar and cayenne.
- (Dip can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.).