Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Oil-cured olives, often available at the deli counter, add an authentic touch to this earthy salad. However, for a milder dish, you could replace the olives with diced sweet green pepper.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup oil-cured black olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano or 3 tablespoons parsley, Chopped
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste and pepper.
- Stir in lentils, olives and oregano.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- (Salad can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 8 hours; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.) Makes 2 cups (500 mL).
I omitted the anchovy paste and used the same amount of Sofrito (a paste for soups and stews used in many of my Latin/American recipes)
Loved it having left overs today for lunch