Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very healthy, delicately flavored yellow lemon sauce that is perfect over roasted leg of lamb. The Greeks often use it with lamb. The recipe is also very easy to prepare. This sauce may also be used in soups and stews.
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) (optional)
- Bring broth to simmer in nonstick saucepan, lower heat and keep warm.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until mixed.
- Blend half of warm broth into eggs in electric mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into rest of warm broth in saucepan; heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats back of spoon (do not boil).
- Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Serve immediately.
This is IT! My husband's family is Greek/Turkish. They make a poached salmon first course dish with a sauce like this. I've never made it before (they don't have written recipes), made it last night with tilapia, my husband gave it a 12! It's definitely the bomb!