Delicious Greek potato recipe! If you like them a bit brown and crispy, turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to the dish and toss until well coated.
- Bake uncovered about 50 minutes until tender and brown on the edges.
- Turn the potatoes halfway into cooking time and add more water if the water is all absorbed.
- Turn on the broiler for a few minutes to make them nice and brown.
AWESOME taters! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Easy side for grilled chicken. Added some sliced mushrooms. YUM. Made for the Mediterranean Cruise event in Cooking Photos.
I adjusted the measurements as I only used 2 1/2 lbs red potatoes. I actually used less than half of the lemon juice and olive oil and still used the called for amount of water. I did not need to add water when I tossed potatoes half way through and it was just enough to last throughout cooking...however, once they were done there was still a lot of oil left. The finished product was way too lemony for my taste and too oily as well. Will make again using same ingredients but a little less lemon and WAY less oil! I still gave 4 stars b/c I like the flavor combination with the lemon, just a little less!