Top Review by CaptHowdy
This soup was very good, and even better than our local diner. I followed some other suggestions and used only a little over 1/8 of a cup of fresh lemon juice, and I also wisked the egg and lemon juice together until frothy before adding it slowly to the rice and broth. This created that creamy texture I love. We then continued to simmer until dinner was ready, about 10 minutes, and the soup was great. Thank you so much, it was so easy!
- 3 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth to boiling in medium saucepan; stir in rice and garlic.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mix lemon juice and egg; slowly stir mixture into soup.
- Stir in parsley; season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Pour soup into bowls.