1/1 Photo of Greek Lemon-Rice Pudding
echo echo's Note:
A dessert adapted from one of the wonderful Moosewood cookbooks. Times do not include extra time needed for pudding to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1-2/3 cups water with rice, butter and salt in a small saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a mild simmer.
- 3Cover and cook until rice is tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from stove and beat in the eggs.
- 5Continue to beat 1-2 minutes.
- 6Stir in sugar, lemon juice and peel, and vanilla.
- 7Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 8Sprinkle top generously with cinnamon.
- 9Cool to room temperature.
- 10Cover tightly and refrigerate until cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lemon-Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 356.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g