Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These potatoes have some zip!! I like to let potatoes marinate all day, and it makes dinnertime easier.
- 2 lbs red potatoes (skins on and sliced into wedges) or 2 lbs yukon baby gold potatoes (skins on and sliced into wedges)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag. Let marinate all day in the fridge or until you're ready to start cooking!
- Pour all of mixture, including liquids on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed generously with cooking spray.
- Roast potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden brown and crunchy, stirring every 20 minutes. (I live at high altitude, so mine take longer).
I hate to give a less-than-rave review, but this didn't work for me. Even with all of the olive oil, the potatoes stuck to the foil and weren't very moist. If I were to make this again I would skip the foil and use a glass or ceramic baking dish. I'd skip the broth, too.
Super simple easy recipe. I did not marinate them very long, maybe a half hour. Still came out terrific. Great flavor. I almost doubled the cayenne.
I cut this down for 2 people. It was very spicy. I marinated only a couple of hours. I did like the way the potatoes held up in the oven. I will try again but be careful with the peppers. Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2010.