Recipe by Sue Lau
Goes great with with Kebabs and many grilled foods.
Top Review by Kristine M.
Did anyone else not have a problem with the rice being too wet?? I cooked it for almost twice the time and it was still mushy--almost like risotto. I'd say decrease the chicken broth to 1-1/2 cups. Otherwise the flavor was good. I also added some fresh thyme, mint, and basil at the end.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add rice and orzo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff pilaf up with fork and stir in chopped parsley.