Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Goes great with with Kebabs and many grilled foods.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a heavy saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add rice and orzo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff pilaf up with fork and stir in chopped parsley.
Did anyone else not have a problem with the rice being too wet?? I cooked it for almost twice the time and it was still mushy--almost like risotto. I'd say decrease the chicken broth to 1-1/2 cups. Otherwise the flavor was good. I also added some fresh thyme, mint, and basil at the end.
Wow! This was very easy and tasted great. I wanted something to serve with souvlaki and tsatziki and this was perfect. The flavour was very nice and the rice was fluffy and not at all sticky. I tripled this for 12 people and there was hardly a speck left!
Wonderful, I made ahead cause we are having company so all I have to do is re-heat!!!