Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Patatas me Limono, in ' Yummy Potatoes' by Marlena Spieler
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 3 lemons
- sea salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Greek oregano, crumbled between your hands
- coarse ground black pepper
- 5 -8 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large baking pan, arrange the potato pieces and cover with about 1/2-inch water.
- Drizzle with half the olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon, tossing the lemon rinds into the pan alongside the potatoes.
- Sprinkle to taste with sea salt, oregano, and pepper; place in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the second lemon over the potatoes, adding the rind, toss the potatoes around using a spatula, taking care not to break them up too much, and scatter the pieces of garlic around the pan.
- Add more olive oil, if needed; return to oven.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or so, remove from the oven, toss around a bit, then return for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze the last lemon over the top, and scrape all the yummy pan juices up along with the potatoes.
- Serve right away (though they are not bad at room temperature).