Recipe by LaVitaBella
I tried this recipe tonight and it is DELICIOUS and EASY! Great lemon taste and the vegetables are to die for this way! Taken from Summer Meals magazine, August 2007.
- 4 fat trimmed skinless chicken legs with thigh
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, skin grated and juice extracted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1 bunch chopped of fresh mint (to garnish) or 1 bunch fresh parsley (to garnish) or 1 bunch lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat pan with nonstick foil. Place chicken on one side of pan, bell peppers, potatoes, and onion on the other.
- In bowl, mix oil, lemon peel and juice, garlic, oregano, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Drizzle over chicken and vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast 40-45 minutes, turning chicken and vegetables halfway through cooking, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are lightly browned and tender. Sprinkle with olives. Garnish with mint, parsley, or lemon wedges.