Recipe by Studentchef
From the cookbook 365 Ways to cook Chicken. It doesn't say which part of the chicken to use, so my suggestion is to base the chicken part on other similar recipes.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, lemon juice and pepper. Bring to a boil, and add rice and the carrot. Reduce heat, and let simmer for about 25 minutes, until rice and carrots are tender.
- Remove 1/2 cup soup and gradually whisk iit into the egg yolks. Stir the mixture back into the soup. Add chicken and heat through, but do not boil or eggs will curdle.
- Serve soup warm, using the lemon slices as garnish.