Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh so simple soup, great way to use up leftover chicken or get a ready cooked on in the grocery store. Has a light, lemony flavor. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005 to Greece.
- 1304.07 g can chicken broth
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml uncooked rice
- 473.18 ml diced cooked chicken
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml lemon rind
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, combine chicken broth and cream of chicken soup, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in rice, chicken, lemon juice and rind.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
I have to say, I am impressed. I make a Lemony-Chicken-Soup-263380, that all my friends request the recipe for. It is SO yummy. However, this is awfully close in taste. That said, I think simply because of ease, yours is better! However, I do appreciate the sauteed red pepper in my soup, so I might add it to yours for special occasions. Dress this up with a slice of fresh lemon and some fresh parsley too. The best part - I can make this from pantry items. Might even try using jarred red pepper. Thank you.
This is a great recipe. I recently tried this soup in a restaurant and loved it so I searched for it here. This soup is better than I had in the restaurant. My kids liked it too. I also added sauteed carrots and celery and I used the 97% fat-free cream of chicken soup. This is a definite keeper!
This was fantastic! I LOVED to lemony flavor!! I added finely diced (and sauteed) carrots and celery, and used brown rice. I can't WAIT to have this for lunch again today!