Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by UmmBinat
Real good, DH loved as well and I have made this a number of times. I havent used oregano yet because I have never had any on hand but it works beautifully without. The fresh mint is a nice flavor for the chicken along with the lemon. I added red, yellow or orange sweet peppers to the skewers and sometimes a couple cocktail tomatoes cut in half, I have used regular cooking onion in replacement of the red onion and mushrooms too. I like to serve this with Recipe #71739 or Recipe #308090. Note from a mishap: DO NOT marinate more than said amount of time or the chicken may become too soft and really ruins the result. I will definitely keep making this with variations. It is one of my favorite recipes on Zaar.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 226.79 g packagesmall whole mushrooms
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh oregano or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml finely chopped of fresh mint or 4.92 ml dried mint
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Place chicken and mushrooms in zip-top plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, mint, salt, oil and garlic; mix well.
- Add to bag with chicken and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Marinate for 10 minutes, turing once.
- Thread chicken, mushrooms and onions evenly onto 8 metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium-high heat.
- Cook uncovered for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is done; turning once.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.