Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has real fresh, tangy flavor. If you don't have Greek seasoning on hand, just add a mix of dried organo, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- 4 lemons
- 2 teaspoons dry all purpose Greek seasoning
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, about 2-1/2 lbs
- 1 onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 4 ounces pitted kalamata olives, drained, 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced of fresh mint
- mint sprig
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 2 lemons into 12 slices; sprinkle with 1 t. seasoning. With fingers, loosen skin from chicken breasts. Arrange 3 lemon slices under skin of each breast; smooth skin over lemons. Place in large roasting pan.
- Cut remaining lemons into edges. Place lemon wedges and onion around chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining seasoning; add olives.
- Roast until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with fork, about 45 minutes. Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with pan juices. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with mint. Garnish with mint sprigs.
I had two whole chicken breast that just happened to be attached to the test of the chicken, so I made this as a roast dinner. So slide the lemon slices under the breast and put a lemon in the chicken cavity. Scattered the onions and olives around the whole bird. The result was a sensational dish served with baked potatoes, corn on the cob and salad. Oh, and I used a homemade Greek seasoning from Annacia
Made this delicious chicken dish tonight for dinner. Loved the lemon and greek seasoning under the skin, as well as, the additional lemons and onions. I used chicken thighs and they were really moist and tender.
This surely was Mediterranean; bright, clean, and a super tasty chicken dish. Love how the lemons and olives meld with the rest of the ingredients and balance out the dish. I used all as suggested, except that I used drumsticks as I already had them in the freezer. I also used Cavenders all-purpose Greek seasoning and in addition I also added the no salt Cavenders Greek seasoning to add more flavor without it becoming salty. It came out perfect! This one will have repeats. Thank you Jackie for a lovely dinner. Made it for CQ3.