Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This has real fresh, tangy flavor. If you don't have Greek seasoning on hand, just add a mix of dried organo, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
I had two whole chicken breast that just happened to be attached to the test of the chicken, so I made this as a roast dinner. So slide the lemon slices under the breast and put a lemon in the chicken cavity. Scattered the onions and olives around the whole bird. The result was a sensational dish served with baked potatoes, corn on the cob and salad. Oh, and I used a homemade Greek seasoning from Annacia
- 4 lemons
- 2 teaspoons dry all purpose Greek seasoning
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, about 2-1/2 lbs
- 1 onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 4 ounces pitted kalamata olives, drained, 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced of fresh mint
- mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 2 lemons into 12 slices; sprinkle with 1 t. seasoning. With fingers, loosen skin from chicken breasts. Arrange 3 lemon slices under skin of each breast; smooth skin over lemons. Place in large roasting pan.
- Cut remaining lemons into edges. Place lemon wedges and onion around chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining seasoning; add olives.
- Roast until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with fork, about 45 minutes. Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with pan juices. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with mint. Garnish with mint sprigs.