1/3 Photos of Greek Layered Dip With Pita Crisps
This is a delicious dip with a lovely flavour and presentation. You may add chopped peeled cucumber if you wish. If you are taking this to a party, layer the ingredients on a decorative plastic plate or tray from a party store - no risk of breaking your favorite serving plate! Prep time does not reflect the overnight time needed to make the yoghurt cheese so plan ahead!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 200 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 1/4 ounces chopped pitted kalamata olives (weight after pitting)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 1The day before you want to serve the dip, take your yoghurt and put it into a mesh strainer you have lined with 3 or 4 coffee filters. (you may also line it with damp cheese cloth) Set the strainer in the sink and allow it to drain overnight. The whey will drip out of the yogurt, leaving a smooth, creamy cheese similar in texture to cream cheese or neufchatel. Stir in the red onion and minced chives and set aside.(Alternatively you can use 1 8-oz container of chives and onion cream cheese spread).
- 2Put the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, olive oil and lemon in a food processor. Process until almost smooth (You may need a few extra TBS of water or lemon juice to loosen it) Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Heat oven to 350*F. Carefully split each pita bread into 2 rounds. Cut each round into 6 wedges; brush with olive oil and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- 4Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool while making dip.
- 5In a 10 inch pie pan, spread the yoghurt cheese mixture. Drop small spoonfuls of chickpea mixture even over, spreading evenly. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed.
- 6Serve with pita crisps.
- 7Note: to make ahead, dip can be refrigerated up to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Layered Dip With Pita Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 349.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: